Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 20, 2017

Book Club Book Review: Red Hill By Jamie McGuire

My book club resumed meeting again in January after having a break for our Book Lovers Christmas Party in December.

The first book we read this year was Red Hill by Jamie McGuire.


This is a thriller about a deadly virus outbreak which takes over the world and those affected continue to affect others with a single bite which turns them into flesh eating zombies.

There are a number of stories told parallel to each other of friends and families and how they managed to escape the zombie apocalypse and all the stories join into one as they find themselves together at a safe haven named 'Red Hill'.

The writing was fast paced, thrilling and intense to read it kept me engaged the whole way through. It's about zombies so as expected it had blood, guts and gore but it wasn't too terrifying to read. The love stories added interest and excitement but they weren't all realistic which caused lots of good discussion at our book club meet up.

I found the story to be very similar to The Walking Dead TV series which I'm a big fan of (I even have the board game!) - the characters, location and zombie theme are almost identical.

I recommend this book to zombie apocalypse enthusiasts.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Dymocks]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I love apocalypse books!! I will def. check this one out. Your book club sounds so fun!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely love this one then Carrie! It's great we read all different books although this is our first zombie one :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!