Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 18, 2016

Cook Book Review + Preview: Clean Soups By Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson

This is a book review and sneak preview of Clean Soups: Simple Nourishing Recipes For Health And Vitality by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson that  is due to be published by Ten Speed Press on 6 September 2016.

Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson have paired together and written many healthy cook books and Clean Soups is their latest. Rebecca is the senior chef in residence and nutritional educator at one of America's leading cancer wellness centers. Mat Edelson is an award winning medical, science and sports journalist.


The author Rebecca use to cook for seriously ill people and came to realise how energising a delicious and healthy bowl of soup can be. The healing qualities of a bowl of soup have been known for many years and I know myself when I'm feeling under the weather I'll make a big pot of soup with lots of fresh and healthy ingredients in the hope to feel better.

In this beautiful cook book are 60 recipes for soups to cleanse, renew and restore the body. The recipes are easy to follow and understand with a mix of simple and more complex recipes as well as a full blown two day soup cleanse (the weekend jump-start cleanse). There's a soup tool kit on the basics of soup making at the beginning which is useful and then the book is split into sections for broths, blended soups, traditional healing soups and finally soup toppers.

There are some interesting soup combinations and delicious sounding soups that I can't wait to make: Thai coconut broth, Avocado Citrus Soup, Ruby Red Beet Soup, Hot and Sour Shiitake Mushroom Soup, Summer zucchini soup with basil; and my all time favourite Mulligatawny.

What I really liked about this cook book is that there are images of each recipe (always a necessity for cook books in my opinion!) and lots of beautiful images throughout which make you want to get in the kitchen and get your soup on!

I recommend this book to soup lovers and anyone looking for healthy and healing soup recipes.


I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Clean Soups can be purchased from the author here or Ten Speed Press - Penguin Random House


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Ten Speed Press to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!