Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 19, 2015

Book Review and Preview: Garden Made By Stephanie Rose

This is a book review and sneak preview of Garden Made by Stephanie Rose that is due to be published by Roost Books on 27 October 2015

Stephanie has a very popular blog Garden Therapy and her blog posts and projects have been featured in Woman's Day and Apartment Therapy to name a few. Stephanie spends her time as a gardener, writer and artist and lives in Vancouver, Canada with her husband, son and tiny dog.
Garden Made is a book of creative projects made for the garden or with plants and herbs from the garden.

There are more than 40 projects and they are split into chapters for each season of the year, so when it's spring you can head to the spring projects and see what projects suit what is happening in the garden then.

These projects can be for the home, garden or to give as gifts. There's a good variety with some easy and take just minutes or hours and others are more involved and might take a weekend to achieve.

What I liked about the projects is that they weren't just made to look pretty, they were made by the author who has a good good knowledge of the garden and the environment so it has useful tips to ensure that the projects will turn out and last.

Stephanie was never a gardener, but when she was home sick for over a year she gradually turned her brown thumb into a green thumb, here and there, as she learnt about gardening and taught herself how to grow things. From there Stephanie's talents evolved to create the projects that are found in this book.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes to be creative and it will suit everyone from beginning black thumbs like myself to experienced creatives and gardeners. This would also make the perfect gift for a creative gardening friend.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up the last tim tam for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Garden Made can be purchased direct from the author here or Roost Books


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley

You can visit the author's website here

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Roost Books to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Roost Books]

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, I think I would really love this book!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy!!! Will look out for it at the bookstores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is right up your ally Trishie with your love of gardens and creating things! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!