Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 16, 2015

Book Review: A Vintage Wedding By Katie Fforde

This is a book review of A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde recently published on 12 February 2015 by Random House UK, Cornerstone Publishing.

Catherine lives in Stroud, England with her husband, kids and pets. Catherine didn't start writing until after the birth of her third child and impressively this is her 21st novel.


This is a modern day romance set in a country village in England. There are 3 main women characters Rachel, Beth and Lindy who after meeting each other instantly hit it off and become friends and soon after business partners when they decide to become wedding planners and set up a business called Vintage Weddings.

This is a fluffy light hearted read and along the way Rachel, Beth and Lindy become more confident, fall in love (and lust!) and their friendship and business grows.

In the beginning I couldn't work out who was who and so I never really connected to any of the characters. It got better as the end got nearer and I felt I knew them more. Also because there was more romance and love stories towards the end which I liked.

I was most interested in the Vintage Wedding side of the story, where the woman set up their own wedding business. But when they started to decorate cakes from watching YouTube, and becoming make up artists and dress makers on the spot I just didn't find any of it believable. If only it was that easy!

I recommend this book to light hearted romance fans and anyone planning a vintage wedding.


I give this book 3 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up the last tim tam for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


A Vintage Wedding can be purchased from Random House UK


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this eBook published by Random House UK, Cornerstone to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[Image via Random House UK]

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!