Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Recipe: Best-Ever Bolognese Sauce In Slow Cooker

On the weekends I'm finding it too hard to cook dinner in the gutted kitchen because that's when all the renovation work is being done and once the boys have finished work in the kitchen, I'm in there vacuuming, mopping and cleaning up all the dust and dirt so it doesn't spread throughout the house!

During the week it's not so bad in the renovated kitchen which has been gutted other than the oven and stove so I've still been using that to cook on. But on the weekend I need to find other options to cook with because as you'll see this is how my kitchen looked this weekend ... that's the poor oven tucked away against the wall there, a little hard to cook on as you can imagine!


So this is where I spend my time cooking out of the kitchen and where I made the worlds best Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner recently in my makeshift kitchen the garage using my Sear and Slow Cooker.


This Spaghetti Bolognese was rich and full flavoured and so damn tasty.

The mince was fine and smooth from cooking for so long and really was a different taste to when it's made on the stove top.

Best-Ever Bolognese Sauce Recipe
(Women's Weekly Slow Cooking Cookbook)
Serves 6
Cook on low for 7-10 hours

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
125g prosciutto, chopped finely (or can use bacon like I did)
2 medium brown onions, chopped finely
1 large carrot, chopped finely
2 stalks celery, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g minced veal (or can use beef like I did)
500g minced pork
1 cup dry red wine
1 and 1/2 cups beef stock
1/4 cup tomato paste
800g canned diced tomatoes
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano

Method
1. Heat half the oil in Sear and Slow Cooker, cook prosciutto until crisp.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables soften.
3. Add minces and cook, stirring, until browned.
4. Add wine, bring to the boil.
5. Add stock, paste and tomatoes and cook covered on low for 10 hrs (NB: I only cooked it for 5 hrs as that's all the time I had and it tasted fine).
6. Just before serving stir in fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 10 minutes.
7. Cook spaghetti pasta until al dente.
8. Serve on plate with pasta, bolognese sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese.


Note: If you have a Sear and Slow Cooker you can do this all in the one dish, otherwise for steps 1-3 you'll need to cook first in a fry pan and then transfer into the slow cooker.

Bon appetite!

Sharing with link up parties: 
It's Overflowing
The Dedicated House


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!

    I can imagine how much dust must be in your house! We remodeled a small bathroom in our old house and I swear I was still finding dust months later =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AMAZING! I would totally eat that right now.....even though it's past 10pm! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love your make shift kitchen... gotta cook somehow! This looks delicious, my daughter LOVES spaghetti! I have never made it in the crock pot, either. Thanks for visiting my blog and my 30x30 post, thought I'd come visit you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arghhh! Wracked my brain for the last half hour trying to remember where/who I saw this great slow cooked spaghetti recipe. Found ya!! Off to cook it now. Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha dont you hate that! I hope it was delicious :)

      Delete
  5. Look forward to trying this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yum and so easy to do in the slow cooker :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!