Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sear and Slow Cooker Recipes

My wonderful parents gave me this Sear and Slow Cooker for Christmas after my last slow cooker died.

Don't get me wrong my last slow cooker got a good work out although I had a few near death by slow cooker experiences with it too! What annoyed me the most was having to brown the meat first before putting it into the slow cooker. That's what I love about this one is that I don't need to dirty a pan to brown the meat first, this slow cooker does all that in the one pot. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is happy with less dishes!

As the weather changes from Summer to Autumn and the days are getting colder and wetter there's nothing like coming home from work, opening the front door and being greeted by the delicious smell of a slow cooked dinner waiting for you.

Here are some slow cook recipes from Taste I want to try in the coming cooler months.


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

A rainy night and a glass of wine and I'll be right at home with any one of these slow cooker recipes!

What's your favourite slow cooker recipe?


[Images via Sunbeam and all other images via Taste]
 
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I WILL make Osso Bucco this winter, it has been on my "must try" list for what seems like forever!!

    Love my slow cooker, we got it as a "renewal of wedding vows" present nearly 11 years ago and it's still going strong!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. Fab Idea!!! I hate the searing first thing too. So much so that I just don't do it. haha, so slack. Doing it all in one not only saves on the dishes but you'll get all the good seared meat favour off the bottom into the dish as well. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhhhhh you'll have to let us know how it goes smooch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used a slow cooker for years but as of late, have been thinking of getting one. I love using it for soups and stews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lentil soup looks delish. As a vegetarian I always wonder how useful a slow cooker would be for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those recipes look well worth a try. We want reviews now :-)

    Love the idea of the searing first - less washing up = more time to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!