Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MKR Round 1 - Italian Fantastico

Mr P and I and 2 other couples are having our very own My Kitchen Rules competition. Just like the TV show MKR we are each hosting a dinner party complete with 3 course meal and matching wines.
 
After much debate we have also decided to judge each dinner party giving a vote out of 10 and the winner will get a bottle of wine from each couple. Voting adds an element of competitiveness which is kind of fun and makes an otherwise nice dinner party into a bit more of a challenge ... I love a good challenge!
 
The first MKR dinner party was this weekend just gone and themed Italian Fantastico
 
MKR Round 1
 
Tablescape


Entree - Scallop and Chorizo Salad
 
Main - Handmade turmeric and spinach pasta
with goats cheese, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts

Dessert - Tiramisu
 
Meal was finished with a bottle of freezer chilled Lemoncello
 
So that was Round 1 the food was delicious and the lemoncello was a perfect end to the meal. We headed out into town for a few drinks after dinner .... I blame the lemoncello for getting the party started!
 
The next MKR is next month in May and then we are hosting in June (hopefully in our shiny new kitchen!)
 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, all that food looks FAB!! What a great little idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I've never heard of the show but this would be fun to do with a few of our friends. Y'all had some yummy food...and drinks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, Tiramisu is my FAVORITE dessert ever. So a bit envious of your Italian Fiasco ;-) Monique via #TUST xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!