Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Book Review: Target Underwear and a Vera Wang Gown by Adena Halpern

 
This was the story of Adena the author, telling the tales of her love/hate relationship with her wardrobe, from a young school age through to now when she is in her mid 30's.
 
Each chapter is a new outfit, a new memory and a new time in her life. This isn't a fashionista book but rather Adena relating back to the clothes she wore and how she felt about herself and life at the time. From the embarrassment of her prom dress she sewed herself, the over the top Madonna phase, the perfume scents those closest to you wear and the memories they evoke to what she was wearing when her partner proposed to her.

I really enjoyed this book it was easy to read and made me smile most of the way through as I felt I could really relate to it. The author is a bit like Carrie Bradshaw and being based in New York and Los Angeles you get that vibe as well.
 
I would recommend this book to those of us who always seem to remember what you (and others!) were wearing on a certain day and a certain time in your life - you'll absolutely love this book. 
 
I give this book 4 stars.
 
Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read
 
[Image via Angus Robertson]
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - what a fun title for a book - a bit long maybe but fun. Thanks for linking up with BYL. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute...thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved April Edition. I am in the list as #21.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!