Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book Review: Katie Ridder Rooms


Katie Ridder: Rooms by Heather Smith MacIsaac now this book is a real treat, I couldn't find it in the bookstores here in Perth and asked for it for Christmas and it was bought online at Book Depository for about 50% off rrp

This is a gorgeous coffee table book the images are large and clear, fantastic photography, I found myself staring at each page for ages taking it all in. Katie's look is all class and sophistication.

The book is set out room by room with a blurb before each about how Katie would style and design them and then lots of photos to make you drool. The way the book is written is describing Katie's rooms with words like 'she' and 'her rooms' which I found a bit unusual at first them talking about her rooms, instead of her describing them herself, its a different angle of writing.

I would recommend this book for those that love the finer things in life
I give this book 4 stars - I may be overloaded on chocolate from Christmas but I think its more that I'm in love with the devine photography

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

[Image via Book Depository] Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    Thanks for the review.I will keep my eyes open for it. Hope you're well, it is VERY cold here today, the wind chill is -33! Oliver only runs out to pee and then right back in! lol
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!