Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 16, 2011

What Doesnt Kill You


Makes you stronger. Well that's what I'm telling myself anyway as I'm 6 weeks into the bathroom renovation and although I wasn't thrilled about using the granny flat bathroom in the meantime I know I'm pretty lucky to have it. UNTIL the events of Wednesday night when the power decided to trip out which left me in the dark scary granny flat, in the shower, butt naked, wet and cold!

Thursday I had a cold morning shower but wasn't brave enough at night to do the same in the dark so standing under the unflattering laundry fluro light I bathed over the laundry trough with an itty bitty flannel and soap thinking this is what it must have been like in the old days before showers were invented! There's nothing that cements a relationship more than communal bathing under fluro lights let me tell ya!

I did manage to wash my man's hair in the laundry trough and he didn't get too drenched from the wetting, shampooing, conditioning, rinsing, but it's not the easiest of jobs to do. My hair washing is a bit more tricky as I have really long thick hair so I'm just working the up dos for now, it's amazing what a headband and bun can disguise. I might have to treat myself with a trip to the hairdressers for a wash and blowdry if it doesn't get fixed this weekend.

A bit of investigating and the hot water system has tripped out and cut the power to the granny flat. This is also where the home brew beers are kept so the man wasn't too happy about that either! Pray with me that we can get it fixed this weekend.



[Images via my Pinterest]
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek HORROR MOVIE moment!!!!

    and no i promise, i'm not laughing, well not too much anyway!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so funny. I can just imagine.

    We have had it lucky spending over a year in my mother-in-laws Granny flat. Still 2 bathrooms to go and the guest bed to do. I'm in now and happy - the other rooms can wait!

    Don't you just love renovations?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!