Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Book Review: The Lost Recipe For Happiness By Barbara O'Neal


My Book Club's bonus read (for the nerds like me that keep reading too quickly!) was The Lost Recipe For Happiness By Barbara O'Neal

This book takes you on the life journey of a middle aged female chef Elena. Elena struggles with running a kitchen in a man’s world and is haunted by the ghosts of her past after a terrible accident of which she was the only survivor. The book takes you through losing a first love and then finding love again.

I didn't particularly like the main character - I wanted to shake her and hug her all at the same time! But in the end I warmed to her and it was an easy book to read. A bit sad in parts with a few sexy times thrown in. The recipes at the start of each chapter were a clever idea and made me crave some traditional Mexican food.

I would recommend this book as an easy to read chick fiction. A good one to take on your next pool side summer holiday.

[Image via here]
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!