Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Decorating when Renovating

During my bachelorette years a simple candelabra was my modern take on a Christmas Tree as I didn't see the point in having a Christmas Tree just for me and thought it was something special to get with someone special.  So you can imagine how excited I was about Christmas last year because it was the first year living with Pete. I dragged him out to buy our very first tree, it was big and green, and got covered in lots of beautiful ornaments individually picked by yours truly. Yea I went a bit tinsel crazy and even bought decorations full price, didn't even wait for the sales that's so not like me!

Last year's tree

Had my crazy gorgeous family over for a Christmas Eve BBQ and swapping presents
This year its a lot different as our makeshift living room is in the dining room so theres nowhere for the tree to go. I'm not sure where the presents will go either still to figure that out. So this is the extent of our Christmas decor this year, still a bit festive without going overboard ...

Yea I know you have to squint to see it, so here's some close ups. And yes that is a cake stand turned ornament holder :o)


If your renovating how are you decorating this year? Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, a very cute idea to still inject some Christmas amongst the reno's xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!