Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Carded

There's so many stunning gift cards out there, shame to keep them hidden away in a drawer when you can put them in a frame and turn them into inexpensive art. Another idea I'm keen on is using an old calendar that way you can have a set of pictures to group together. Back to the card idea ... a while ago I bought some gift cards at Unwrapped, they're illustrations by local artist Ali J - I got one of a girl who got her freckles from a flower (anyone who knows me will know why!) and another of a girl with balloons that looked good to pair with it. Oh and they're redheads. Now for the frames. I hunted EVERYWHERE for some dramatic frames to really show off the cards and finally found some at good ole Kmart. The frames were starkly white so I decided to paint the outside so they really popped on the wall and left the inside white to frame the card. I mixed together some left over paints until I got a colour I liked (the main was orange from a Halloween pumpkin painting attempt gone wrong and a few of the tester pots of grey). 

From this ...


I made this ....

 

Just the thing for our freshly painted hallway .... don't you think?


Cost breakdown:
Frames, Kmart    $24
Art cards, Ali J    $8
Paint (already had)    $0
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!